PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2020, 06:54
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
I feel very really sorry for the staff, having been there myself with ailing airlines on and off over the years...

But I am now extremely uncomfortable that HM Govt may give the floundering cash haemorrhaging unhealthy Flybe a low interest loan of at least £100m plus deferred tax bills just to get them through this winter...
Then what? Another cash injection or we have this same conversation in 3 months time?
The 3 ''takeover'' investors (who include VS's SRB and whose branding will be on the tickets and on the side of the planes) who all said they would save Flybe are not coming to the table with much so it seems. Why?

I agree Flybe operates a selection of UK feeder routes to enable connectivity for business, and probably vital for some communities - But you could say so did BMA, Dan Air and others, but no one from the Treasury saved them nor Thomas Cook & Monarch for instance. (1000's of jobs lost)
Would HM Govt give BA any financial assistance - No, are you mad...

The Govt are stepping in and taking back Rail Franchises from the likes of Virgin East Coast, Northern Rail and likely SWR...Will they truly bail out Flybe?

With HS2 getting the green light Adonis says today that regional airports and air travel will not see any gain from them (Govt)...Quite a statement from him.