PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luxair F50 Crash: Pilot's Fault
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2003, 03:44
DUKE101057

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question.

Paragraph 3.2. Causes of the preliminary report reads: “The initial cause of the accident was the acceptance by the crew of the approach Clearance, also ….” Shouldn’t this be rather “The initial cause that TRIGGERED the accident was the acceptance by the crew of the approach clearance…” Personally I’d really hard to believe that this late and wrong decision may be THE CAUSE for a fatal accident …wrecks would pile up in final approach sectors? – Who never ever did wrong in his whole carrier? A CAUSE had brought you down too – did it?

Now, my question: Considering the facts listed under Contributory Factors, item number 4 of the same report, and considering the facts on the cockpit voice recorder and the flight data recorder, what had happened under exactly the same circumstances if:

A. ABSC SB F050-32-4 had been satisfactory complied with.
B. If only the vital safety information from the manufacturer to the operator, regarding the inherent risks of a potential loss of the secondary stop on the propeller pitch control had been forwarded in a satisfactory manner to the flight crews.

My mind is made up and accidents like this are only caused by people pretending in a self sufficient way that their place is safe, dear acmi48! It is more than time to wake up your dogs now since this hasn't even been the last in a long, long row of commercial flights accidents in little Luxembourg’s history!