PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Temporary Permit to Fly
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2020, 17:21
Alaskaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Genghis,

Thanks so much for the reply. I was confident I could find the horse's mouth on this here!.

This is mainly an academic situation. We don't have a ship needing this right away, but would like to get the procedures, contacts and terminology correct so that when we do we don't have to spend a week researching. For argument's sake, let's use a US registered. transport category aircraft, B767/A350 type that needs to depart UK, enter UK or overfly UK for a maintenance item that is outside the MEL. We can use for example something as simple as a missing Inflight Medical Kit or a dent that is 1/8" outside of limits requiring a ferry to repair. I assumed it would be a temporary permit to fly, but as I worked through the regulations and the form, found out quickly this was for EASA or UK aircraft only. Nothing for foreign registered. I then thought I would fall under the Annex II definition of Non-EASA, but that appears to only apply to vintage, homebuilts, ultralights, etc. Nothing relating to foreign register.

I then thought perhaps I was after a 'National Permit to fly", but that was a dead-end also.

Also, this is my first experience with UK regulations. I thought the regulatory websites were actually well done, but I was confused as to which ANO is current. My current belief is that ANO 2016 is the current document, with amendments dated later (2018,2019). The CAP733 referenced "ANO 9B", which I found to be in the ANO 2000, but then did not discuss 'Certificate of Validation', which it appears I need by then no reference anywhere else.

So, I think you can see my confusion .....

I am very very grateful for any clarity you can provide. Bottom line, I'd love to know "what form do I fill out, who exactly do I send it to and how long does it take to get approval."

Thanks and Cheers!

AM