PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!
Old 10th Feb 2020, 08:24
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by diffident
A business is only dormant on the declaration of its directors in an annual (or extra-ordinary) return to CH.

It legally automatically ceases to be dormant once it conducts business, regardless of its declarations to CH. It would be expected that in the next company return, the business that has been transacted in the period would be recorded be it expenditure or income and profit or loss.

If I was to take a claim against JU, it would be very easy to prove that the company isn't dormant, by simply producing social media posts of letters claiming to be "Expressions of Interest" sent to the liquidators of Jet Airways and the many other claims that have been made. We all know they are fantasy, but they would be enough to prove a dormant company isn't dormant - but in fact, actively trading.
Is it known that JU isn't conducting business as I was, under the same trading name but from other than UK.

I note that this thread is titled with a company name ending in 'UK', my offshore company was trading from Belize and ended in 'Limited' but I could have called it 'UK' or whatever I wanted to, despite it stating on my then company website that it was registered in England & Wales and Belize if I managed to confuse the UK police as to which company was trading ... OK, the police weren't so clever but I get the impression that JU isn't so clever either!