PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ciara at Gatwick
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2020, 20:23
coley chaos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evening.

My partner was on the Emirates 015 from Dubai that eventually ended up diverting to Zurich after trying to get in at Gatwick. She facetimed me this evening from her overnight hotel in Zurich to say how things were on board during the few attempts to land and I tried my best to talk her through the decisions the pilots would of had to of made to throw the landing away and divert 100`s of miles away. I take my hat off to those pilots who will try and fly such a large bit of tin down to some tarmac, in such atrocious conditions, with company demands on their shoulders to get the fare paying passengers to the destination they wanted and paid for but with safety a priority and not ballsing up....coupled with having to divert and get said fare paying passengers/aircrew hotels, and then getting all the show back to blighty. I could hardly do that on my drive up to Gatwick to pick her up from Dorsetshireland with the wind and then head back down the M3 into severe gale force winds, torrential rain and wipers that were straining with the deluge, and my dashboard lighting up with "aquaplaning" every 300m ...... nope....I felt knackered driving 130miles so I do take my hat off to you chaps and chappettes who fly these large bits of tin.