PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!
Old 9th Feb 2020, 19:25
diffident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Harry Wayfarers
I've got a England & Wales CCJ against me, I acquired it because my ex bank were addressing letters to a wrong address, that I never received, then they took court action against me, to the wrong address also, I mean I knew nothing about this until years later when I came to sell a property that I owned to learn that it had a marker against it.

The courts can be farcicle, the debt collector goes to court, feeds them full of bull, and a CCJ gets issued, from what I've read in the past this JU has been using a variety of addresses, it could be as simple that, like me, a debt collector has been writing to the wrong address and as a result a CCJ is issued.

But the CCJ doesn't affect me doing business except in England & Wales or perhaps the entire UK so it's not something that I need to worry about.
Oh absolutely Harry Wayfarers, personal CCJ's are an area of civil law in England & Wales that certainly needs addressing.

This on the other hand is a corporate CCJ, which is in itself a slightly different kettle of fish. The point I'm getting at here - seeing that the amount is so small - it is one thing to blurt rubbish all over social media and through the odd blog and fantasy website... it's another thing (in fact it is quite simply fraud) to start entering into business contracts and/or take money on the proviso of something happening (otherwise known as deception).

It's a whole different thing for JU in this position. It is actually real, and actually serious that a business he registered at companies house to give himself the sense of legitimacy for his fantasy idea, has now gained real-world debt. Regardless of it being only £500, someone somewhere is currently £500 out of pocket on a lie.

That, frankly, is where this goes from something humorous and entertaining to poke a bit of fun at, to being really rather concerning.