PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A350 engine shutdown incidents linked to cockpit drink spills
Old 9th Feb 2020, 07:12
Lord Farringdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early in this thread I could not believe that this had actually happened ie a spilled drink had caused an engine shutdown and that all attempts to restart it failed. Now I see this is actually true. So in the absence of any contrary argument, I logically conclude that if the ingress of liquid could cause one engine to fail then quite possibly it could cause two engines to fail, neither of which may be able to be restarted. . Just a small issue then that a simple AD to how we drink coffee and water will fix while we are still flying passengers in these things. I mean, maintenance will never leave the window open when one of those tropical storms lashes through will they? No chance of a cleaner spilling their spray 'n' wipe. No chance of turbulence.......

The risk of a major disaster in a certain other manufacturer and there would good cause for a grounding until we knew more about the problem.