PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpaid leave offer
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2020, 08:45
Busbert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by el commandante
Well for some of you rocket scientist out there, those are managers, they manage the situation and steering the ship, you on the other hand are bus drivers, soon to be replaced by AI, cheap labor not required at the moment.

I’m not surprised that management views pilots as idiots if I read those comments.
As I recall, most of the senior guys and girls in engineering didn’t even get to take their SLS as they were working flat out managing a fleet of aircraft that no-one wanted to fly on. Organizing parking, storage, low utilization programs. Rejigging maintenance and support contracts. Keeping a business running so that it could be ramped up after the crisis passed. Remember that there were no redundancies during the SARS crisis.

And from what I know, the same teams are working very long hours at the moment to deal with the current crisis, to keep an airline running and everyone in a job.

Very few of these staff that are working flat out to keep the lights on are expats on huge packages. Most are ordinary folk, on very ordinary salaries doing extraordinary jobs, so everyone keeps theirs.

On top of that, these teams are still hollowed out from the redundancies a couple of years ago.

So bear that in mind when posting about the injustice of SLS.