PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2020, 08:26
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Construction update

The digging out of the 2 remaining sections of tunnel inside the CTA continues. The photo shows the route of one track as a concrete wall sits in between each pathway

This is believed to be the 2 winding gear locations that can be seen in the maintenance area. A similar arrangement exists on the ground floor of Parkway Dart station.

The new route for the ring road opened at midday on Wednesday. In the background can be seen the roof of the Dart maintenance area . The road to the right leads to the delivery area for the terminal and the access point for Dart construction traffic. The top 2 floors of the new multi story did not open as expected and remains closed.

Despite morning frost the new de-icing facility was not in use with aircraft being de-iced on stand today. Has it ever been used apart from testing? In the foreground is the former drop off area that is now the meet and greet parking area. Behind that is the now closed ring road. In the background to the left of the easyjet at the runway holding point can be seen a digger. Has work started on the taxiway extension to runway 26?

The airport is proposing to add capacity to the existing terminal by infilling this section. The terminal extension would extend to approximately the smoking area and would be tapered to cover part of the front of the existing new build

I would assume that all of the pavement to the right of the railings would be used as the access route and for the construction compound. I am thinking access would be via the service road and not the bus station as I stated last week.

Last edited by LTNman; 6th Feb 2020 at 10:41.