PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpaid leave offer
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2020, 20:46
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must opine...

CX Management has sowed the seeds of hate, division, and derision towards its pilots for the better part of three decades. Now, as has become their norm in times of distress, they come to the pilots with their hands out looking for relief from wage obligations. In Jewish culture, that’s called chutzpah.

Let me ask those of you perhaps hoodwinked by such a request. Will CX generously share profits in the good times? Or will they simply increase the dividend to shareholders and their own bonuses? I suspect the latter.

CX hasn’t paid a substantive profit share since 2010, and 2007 before that. Unlike Delta who just paid its employees 2 months as a bonus totaling $1.6 billion USD, CX has all but done away with profit sharing bonuses such that they can pay themselves and shareholders more.

So let me ask you... Is this fair? CX comes to employees for concessions in hard times, but then does not share the spoils in good times. Why would you voluntarily subject yourselves to such unfairness?

If this is the only way for you to get time off that you want or need, by all means, fill your boots. However, don’t submit yourselves to management pressure tactics. Have some backbone and just say no.