PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpaid leave offer
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2020, 17:00
Wheelflyer300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unitedabx
Its been a while since I left CX and posted on this site but I had to today having heard and watched the latest plea from the CEO.
A word to the wise. The last time this was "offered" was for 1 month unpaid leave which was repaid to all EXCEPT captains at the end of the year.
Once bitten twice shy is the old saying. CX is not cash strapped. It has huge reserves. During SARS it was estimated the company could shut down for 18 months and
continue to pay all its staff and outgoings and still not dent its current account reserves. So don't be fooled but you will be bullied. Your CP's will be getting instructions to
give you a call if you do not volunteer. Your progression in the company will be under review if you don't make this gesture they will tell you. Worth recording the call because it is intimidatory and you could take action
if you felt the company did apply pressure on you.
My advice is to keep your salary rolling in. Let the CEO and Directors take this short term cash hit. They can certainly afford it as you will see from the annual report due in March and the bonuses they paid themselves in 2019.
One last thought. The CX Group is now carrying KA which is effectively grounded. The first step should have been to claw back the 13th month paid to KA staff not get CX staff to bail them out again.
The two times in my career when we were asked to take SLS we were fully repaid later in the year. I was a Captain during both of those occasions. I was fully reimbursed on both occasions. End of. This occasion is happening on the back of 8 months of downward passenger numbers due to Hong Kong unrest. Open your eys for heavens sake. Bury your head if you wish but at least get your facts right about the past