PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpaid leave offer
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2020, 12:58
unitedabx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowFever777
Oh gee thanks mate, you couldn't resist sticking the knife into ka pilots there at the end, thanks for that.
Let me be clear. I am not trying to set KA pilots against CX pilots or vv.
I have retired to a small village in Essex which boasts one pub, one post-office and a Spar supermarket plus 2 retired Swire/CX middle managers (both non pilots ).
They both get unlimited 1st Class travel on CX in their retirement and take every opportunity still to berate the pilots in CX. "Overpaid primadonnas the lot of us/you" they say the odd time I bump into them at the pub. ( they never buy a round either).
Their hatred for CX pilots is palpable even in their retirement.

What I'm saying with todays announcement ( already on the BBC ) is that it was only 6 weeks ago that the "we're all one happy family ( except for the pilots)" was the mantra from senior management. You're all getting a 13th month ( except the pilots ).
We're here to offer you a rewarding career ( except the pilots ). I'm even told ( but yet to be confirmed ) the company will provide face masks to all employess ( except the pilots ).

Well, it comes back at you. Let the family take their 3 weeks unpaid leave if they like but this time without the pilots.

Thats all I'm saying.