PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Academy Questions
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2020, 01:32
crosscutter

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Climb150
These airline backed flying schools are just a way to keep an oversupply of pilots fighting for the few jobs on offer every year. Lots of applications means downward pressure on wages.
You are spot on.

They also want quality control and to dictate future culture.

However, back to the questions asked...Is it going to matter where you train? Personally, I don’t think so. Is attending the Qantas school going to help you. Maybe, maybe not. It will certainly work in many students favour. But Is the environment that will exist within that school going to suit everyone? It sure will be competitive.

Fact is aviation is brutal. You slave away building hours, sit interviews...get rejected. Sit interviews...get accepted and put on hold files. Little glimmer of hopes are crushed as you realise the hold file can mean nothing. You move cities, countries and the worst bit....some people seem to get what you want so easily.

You want to give yourself the best opportunity. Currently, that is with an airline sponsored training course. If you don’t get a job due to a million possibilities, you’ve still given yourself the best shot, and if I was a prospective student, that’s what I’d want. (I don’t know the costs, so I assume all is equal but appreciate it’s a valid consideration)