PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar question
Thread: Jaguar question
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2020, 18:06
NutLoose

Received 2,920 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Originally Posted by oldmansquipper
In the 80s whilst on my second tour at Laughing Laarbruch, the station had just won an RAFG award for Engineering Excellence (the something trophy?) when the ASF guys got a post maintenance fuelling sequence a bit wrong and a Jag was seen to sit down on its a*se outside the big hangar. (Not as dramatic as watching a Vulcan do it but pretty amusing nonetheless) The stn photog Who had his section just a few feet away spotted the calamity and took loads of pictures...

Allegedly, and possibly to prevent embarrassment, all the pictures were destroyed on orders from the local engineering hierarchy....

Could the picture be post that incident?
Ahh the mighty Jag, Michael "Tarzan" Hestletine Mp descended on us at Bruggen for a visit, Contractors came in shotblasted the HAS internally and the floor to remove the years of crud, it was repainted and sparkled like new.. Jags were prepped and put inside.. Spotless, bombs and belts of ammo laid out in Sqn numbers, the scene was set...................... then i was told to go out literally hours before his visit and refuel the rear jet, I requested it out as it was a known venter, promptly refused due to all the ammo set up etc, so in I went, in went the fuel and out came a lot of it........ the HAS was a literal swimming pool... Bags of chicken **** were scattered far and wide and attempts made to recover the prisitine HAS state, result, Hestletine visited a HAS with a dirty great dusty stain on the floor, smelling of fuel and crunchy underfoot Of course it was all my fault!