PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2020, 16:27
MDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If any money is transferred from HMG to Flybe it's an absolute travesty and disgrace. The consortium clearly has enough money to fund this themselves, but prefer the taxpayer to do it instead.

If airports such as BHD, SOU, and EXT are allegedly completely unviable without Flybe - what will this "loan" do besides go down the toilet when they're back in this position in a few months?

Since getting the extension on APD, they're opening routes to Luxembourg and Dusseldorf - not exactly vital UK infrastructure! I'm sure Mary in Cornwall and Bob in Belfast are going to breathe a sigh of relief to know their essential connection from LCY-LUX has been saved.

Let it fail, and let another airline take its place.

Please give me a legitimate reason as to why there's serious discussions of the taxpayer funding the Virgin Group and funding a capital hedge fund?! I don't mean sentimental spiel about how good the airline was back in 98' either.

Also, give me one good reason as to why the owners won't fund this themselves? The only reason I can see is that they see it as commercially unpalatable - therefore a complete waste.

I want Flybe to survive but it's absolutely down to the owners to fix this mess, not spunking taxpayer cash up the wall!

Last edited by MDS; 3rd Feb 2020 at 16:39.