PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest research: Bleed Air Ducts can not be cleaned, pollutants penetrate human body
Old 3rd Feb 2020, 05:20
marchino61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evidence-based science

I'm not going to comment on individual's perceptions of how they remove 'toxins' but feel that as every human being has the same basic physiology and chemistry it seems pretty unlikely that this is a scientifically accepted theorey. It is certainly not one I have ever heard before.
Nonetheless, the scientific literature has a reasonable number of papers that do assert that genetic make-up affects the clearance of organophosphates from the body. This is just one of many ways in which people vary based on their genes. For example, caffeine has no effect on me because I am a "caffeine fast-metaboliser". This can be explained by a gene variant.

Here is just one article about organophosphates and genes:
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/...0DlxRl2msFolpk

Nine case–control studies were assessed with a total 1,042 patients with organophosphate toxicity and 1014 healthy controls. The meta-analysis results showed that the PON1 192Q and 55L polymorphisms may increase the risk of organophosphate toxicity. Further subgroup analyses by ethnicity showed significant associations of the PON1 192Q and 55L polymorphisms with increased risk of organophosphate toxicity among the Caucasian populations.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------