PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 job at Global Aviation Solutions?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2003, 07:35
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Is there a violin player in the house ?!"

.... as it would seem that Stratocaster needs some accompaniment.

Aside - might I in advance appologise for any typo's in this reply but I'm laughing so hard at the self-pity exhibited by strato's response above that I can hardly type for the tears.

Q). What does one say to an unemployed Aer Turas / Crossair / Swissair / Sabena / Air Lib / HeavyLift / Aeris / GoodJet pilot ? ( delete as appropriate )

A). "Big MaC and fries please mate !"

Strato, just because one might have a certain qualifications does not mean that the world owes one a living, and sticking ones head in the sand and ignoring certain commercial realities does not make the nasty commercial beast go away.

W.r.t There are different ways to run an airline and keep it afloat - really, then name some - wherein it certainly doesn't seem to have worked for those at Aer Turas / Crossair / Swissair / Sabena / Air Lib / HeavyLift / Aeris / GoodJet, has it ?

At least the pilot who has 'invested' in keeping current at his/her local flying club is keeping their hand-in ( it's got to be better than working at McD's ?! )

W.r.t. wives that have disappeared ( and taken the kids ) this was more probably because hubs was an a_rsehole than due to a lack of his pay cheque ( that just exasperated the fact ).

W.r.t. 'be careful and take a first-aid kit with you ( plus some of your earlier comments ), you seemingly work with a right bunch of thugs.

W.r.t. the bit about the +55 BA pilots, we've just taken some of them on, and all I can say is that they are highly experienced, well trained, total aviation people, and generally all round top blokes - which is precisely why we've taken them on.

Nuff said.