PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ten most overpaid jobs in the US, No. 9 Pilots!?!?!
Old 15th Nov 2003, 07:19
ILS 119.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I do not think that Aviation Professionals are overpaid no matter who they work for. In fact there are a lot of pilots who are underpaid in the UK for thier responsibilities. The major airlines pay well and up to the market forces value however smaller regional airlines using props for example pay about 20k for an F/O with skippers on 40k, bearing in mind some of these Captains are very experienced they are not being paid full market value for thier experience. In the UK if you want to earn a lot of money then BA is the company to work for, if you get in. They then rule al the other salaries, once they take in a new batch of pilots the system works downwards for new pilots to start at the bottom. ie vacancies will occur at smaller airlines as everybody moves up. This is the way it works! Oh, don't forget the controllers. They are paid between 45k and 70k in the UK,(if they are radar qualified), which is dependent on where and who they work for. I think that because of the training involved, the hard work put into qualifying for careers as pilots or atcos, the responsibility put onto professionally qualified people should be questioned. It is up to the professionals out there to decide how we should proceed further if we think that our professions are being underpaid, which is more to the point.

PS. for the member whe spelt "proffessional" there is only one effin professional

Flying Coumsil

One "F".

Were you the one who landed at Dublin and put full brakes on burnt out the brakes and popped the tyres. The Hostess ran in after all the passengers had been thrown forward and said "this is a short runway" to which your reply was "yeah, but have you seen the width of it!"

Ha Ha,

Sorry I meant "should not be questioned" not "should be questioned"