PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 job at Global Aviation Solutions?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2003, 06:10
opsmaneurope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Splat,
So I'm not who I appear to be? Well there's a challenge! My current airline is working to our own JAA approved regulations so I could not expect to prove myself a crew scheduler on those. However, I've been doing this sh1t since the 1970's and thus if you want to test me on a question(s) of the content of CAP371 then you just go right ahead.

Stratocaster,
I can assure you that trying to tempt some individuals to work & live away from their home city or indeed country is more difficult than you make it sound, try it for yourself someday.
Whilst I worked in Belgium they expected everything provided, hotac, transport, travel from/to home, per-diem whilst on days off etc. etc. etc. so I do not believe there to be a particular relevance of pilots out of work in perhaps Belgium whilst vacancies exist in perhaps UK nor indeed UK pilots available aged 55 whilst vacancies exist in perhaps Belgium.
I currently work with geriatric jets so I'm not here trying to recruit nor indeed sell any product, but there is a shortage of pilots, certainly those prepared to take a job away from home out there, that I can tell you.

Last edited by opsmaneurope; 18th Nov 2003 at 02:11.