PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Blood/Sugar
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2020, 10:37
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again Radgirl. Very clear and I think I get it, now. We need you in our Training Department to help straighten bods like me out on a number of technical misunderstandings. Never got Electrics and don't get me started on Pitch enhancement {!). I do know of another case though, very similar to the one I just referred to. He too had very weird diet, full of sugar and weighed in at 100kg measuring 5ft 8 inches. But regarding, use of terms in professional mode a lot of us don't get ,he too was told he had diabetes after submitting to blood test during medical renewal upon arrival off a long trip away. He fought back claiming he had high blood sugar, not diabetes .His AME actually said ;" You don't have diabetes, you are just hyperglycaemic (!). Blimey, Lawyers are even worse !

This guy was in the Middle East and grounded by the Company Doc. In the intervening period, he was cleared by the UK CAA and given a Class one.He ditched the statins. He took the UK CAA Class one to his AME who gave him the local Class one and Matey took that to Crew Control who put him back on the roster. Local Company Dr was away on leave. When she got back, she went ape-****e and re-grounded him.(Loss of face syndrome , rife in the ME). He eventually got back local licence medical with MOL but the statins nearly killed him.

The mess put him in direct conflict with Management and he was, later, booted out in a massive stitch up.

In early retirement, he. dropped to 75kg from 100kg. He loves a mediterranean diet & drinks only local wine. I agree with your last sentence . I think he has reversed his type 2..........if he ever had it !