PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA crew test positive for alcohol (Sentences)
Old 15th Nov 2003, 05:40
B.L.G Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only limit I would adhere to, and be disciplined enough to undertake is no booze. If you all know that short haul are more at risk, then take positive steps to reduce the risk. Ultimately if you have forked out a fortune for your training you should be disciplined enough not end up "splashing" it up against the wall. I am not employed in the airline industry but work in the industry which extracts the "go go juice" that keeps the turbines turning. Random breath tests are carried out. Currently, I have an evening departure to an offshore installation and have to spend a whole day waiting. Even if I had a drink with lunch and I feel O.K. there is the high risk of getting breath tested and getting caught. Now some of you will argue that I would be alright. I am not prepared to undertake that risk. It is hard enough to find another job. IF hangovers are being slept off on the flight deck then privileges are being taken for granted. I am also a PPL and if I am flying the next day I do not drink the night before. You guys make decisions day in day out, I think this one should be one of the easiest, if not then you should not be flying.

If I have passed judgement on the situation I apologise.