PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado AR5 set up...
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2020, 16:28
TonkaMick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tornado AR5 set up...

Hi,

I would like to make up a full Tornado AR5 set-up for display, after lots of googling I cannot find much info at all or pictures showing the typical set up in service in the 1980’s / 90’s, hence I’m looking for some advice!

I have an early Tornado MK3c Bonedome with half moon silver LEMO connection and a MK4A/4 NVG Bonedome with a 12 pin Black LEMO connector plus an early MK27 LSJ and a later MK31 LSJ, I’m now just looking for the correct type of AR5’s and supply hoses etc to make the set.

I have seen several different types of the AR5’s Oxygen connection hoses which have various types of mounting plate in the middle to attach to the LSJ, one type has two vertical prongs facing downwards which I think might be for aircrew who are not wearing an LSJ, the type with prongs fitting into a holder which poppers attach to 6 poppers on the front of a Flying Suit? Another type has a flat plate which is wedge shaped, my question is which is the correct type and how would the plate clip/attach onto the front of a MK27 and MK31 type LSJ for Tornado crews?

Also the two hoses which lead from the AR5 Hood Mask, after terminating in the mounting block mentioned above, I have seen some with one large diameter oxygen hose which connects to the Pilots PEC and others with the large hose and a smaller hose, not sure what the difference is or which one is correct for Tornado if anyone can help?

Many thanks!

Mick