PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GS mini versus VFE
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2020, 12:53
retired guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
FD
I have dealt with latest CAE and True Sim even they don't have options to set winds every few hundred feet on approach nor CAEs earlier five versions had. The oldest I have used I am sure Chris has used, it didn't have Airbus airfield but had Toulose. The wind aloft options are way above platform altitudes. However when you enter surface wind it creates a pattern of winds away from ground which differ in direction and speed that's all. But no way 50kts for 20kts surface winds.
​​​​​​
Hi Villas
On every CAE sim I have been on in recent years we could set surface wind and 1500 ft circuit wind very different to make it realistic for base training. Say RW 27. Set 300/15 for touchdown and 360/50 for 1500 ft. Which means that during the approach the wind backs anticlockwise/southerly as it does, and the windspeed reduces requiring constant power addition.
I am not talking base training here - just the ability to set winds pretty much as you desire. Not "every few hundred feet" of course but two low down reference points.

Cheers
R Guy