PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Lovestory - How to get a job with an EASA CPL (A) in the USA
Old 30th Jan 2020, 20:31
av89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A Lovestory - How to get a job with an EASA CPL (A) in the USA

Good evening community,

tonight, I'm asking for your help so that my lovestory may end well.

I'm a C56X rated young pilot, holding an EASA CPL (frozen ATPL) and working as a Copilot on the Cessna 560 XLS/XLS+ in Germany.
Also, if this is for any importance for anyone who could maybe help, I'm also holding an FAA PPL and having a Masters Degree in Aeronautical Engineering and working experience in Continuing Airworthiness.
Unfortunately I fell in love with a girl in Atlanta, USA.

Which possibilities do you see for me to work as a pilot in the US with my current EASA CPL? Right now I'm seeing two options:

1. "Convert" my EASA CPL to FAA CPL. However, after doing some research, I found out that this would basically mean to do the entire FAA CPL. Correct?
Also, it would be hard to find a job thereafter, as I'm having less than 1500 hours TT.

2. Find an operator of an EASA registered Aircraft in the US. This would allow me to work for that operator in the US. Correct?
But how to find such operator? And are there any more terms concerning the operator and its kind of operation so that I would be allowed to work for him?

ANY comment, any help, any idea is highly appreciated! Thank you!