PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Blood/Sugar
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2020, 10:22
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radgirl ,Thanks v much. Type one hypo or Type one Hyperglycaemic how would you know ? On discovering a passed out individual , assuming a multi crew environment,why the person had passed out, unless the person had some sort of ID " I am diabetic, give me sugar " sort of thing would be quite difficult . My mate has had his licence suspended following the detection of Type 2 which he suggests isn't type 2 but just high sugar levels because that is all he intakes, rather than proper food, on long trips. Doc grounding him said that if all is cleared after monitoring & review he would get his licence back but with a multicrew only restriction.. The risk being that he had a " high risk of passing out" and in a non- multicrew environment could be disastrous. Not only is he questioning the diagnosis but the statins etc are having very serious side effects . Of course he has informed the Doc.

He took the routine medic renewal after arrival on completion of a ten-day trip away living on sugary drinks and mars-bars.He explained all to the AME but has been given big yellow flags by all. He is on a two week course of these medications after which first stage review will be made.