PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA License Conversion Advice: Regionals or I Pay by myself??
Old 29th Jan 2020, 15:48
Sunrig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Flys4Funs
I think to get hired at a Legacy today, you should have around 5-6000 hours TT with a preferred 1000 hours TPIC and of course a 4-year degree with a clean trainings background. Additional experience like being a check airman, sim instructor or being a chief pilot helps a lot to get on top of the application stack. They also like to see some volunteer/ community work. For the LCC you should be able to get a call around 3000 hours total time. This reflects the hiring right now, nobody knows what it looks like in a couple of years. If your goal is really to fly in the US I don’t understand why you start the EASA training? Why not get all your FAA licenses right away? That would not also save you all the conversion costs from EASA to FAA but also give you valuable pt 121 experience in the US. If you apply with 1500 hours from Europe no HR person is going to know what kind of background/training quality you come from. They will also choose-prefer someone from a Regional where they know what kind of standard they can expect. In a nutshell- I think you would be progressing faster if you get all your training and required experience in the US.

Last edited by Sunrig; 29th Jan 2020 at 16:16.