PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cancel all flights to and from China due to Coronavirus
Old 29th Jan 2020, 12:25
peter we

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hunterboy
Whats the legal position on being forcibly quarantined in the UK? Would it be possible to refuse? Does HMG pay compensation for lost days at work? I could see a few problems with this.
will the crew flying the pax back also be quarantined? I know how stingy BA are so I’d expect the crew to be unpaid during this period.
Returnee's have to sign an agreement to be quarantined, else they stay in China. I cannot see many being able to return - the roads are blocked and there is no other way of getting to the airport.

Scheduled carriers, including United Airlines and British Airways, have said they are cancelling flights to China as demand fell sharply and global companies told their employees not to travel due to deepening fears over the spread of a flu-like virus.Chicago-based United Airlines said it was suspending 24 US flights to Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai between February 1 and February 8 due to a significant drop in demand.

British Airways has suspended all direct flights to and from mainland China after the UK's warning.
https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/a...011109306.html