PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2020, 19:16
asdf1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
Asturius56

You were obviously engaged in forms of business which allowed for such an approach; just a quick phone call or email and the deal's done, or the problem resolved. I was never that lucky nor, I suspect, were my colleagues and our competitors.
For UK business travel I prefer the car, then the train, and finally the plane. Time spent getting to and from the airport is often better spent getting nearer to your final destination. Add in security, sat in departures and the safety margin you add in for traffic on the way to the airport and you are almost always 3 hours nearer to your destination before the flight actually departs. You have access to your phone in the car and your laptop and phone on the train. Neither are available in the air. At the other end you have to get out of the airport and on to your final destination. More time added to the travel by plane method. Most importantly when you drive, your schedule is your own, and not dictated by the airlines. The trains always run more regularly than the scheduled flight (2-3 hourly services versus 2 daily services). If crossing water is not involved (unless it's the near continent) I drive, or take the train. If I'm crossing water I fly.