PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Jan 2020, 17:42
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Dear Craig Martin

Dear Craig Martin,

I have a number of issues that I had submitted through to the Commonwealth Ombudsman, some being actioned, and some pending me approaching CASA to obtain a response. Therefore on the Ombudsman’s advice I will be writing to you on a number of matters that require clarification. As I am after a strictly legal response rather than an “operational one”, I will be directing the inquiry to Dr Aleck in his role as the CASA Executive Manager of Legal and Regulatory Affairs. I will direct this email through you, and include Dr Aleck in on all emails as I have with this one.

I have also included Mr Anthony Mathews as the Chair of the CASA Board, and the person ultimately responsible for the governance obligations. I had previously raised these issues with him verbally at our meeting, but thought it best to put it in writing to ensure there was no confusion.

Dear Dr Aleck,

In the initial notification to APTA (CASA reference F14/9540) attached CASA proposed to reject the addition of the XXXXX Base.

Interestingly, CASA had previously approved the existing XXXXX in Bundora Pde Moorabbin Airport. This approval process had required an onsite visit by CASA personnel and that approval had proceeded smoothly.

When we submitted the application for XXXXX to move into a significantly improved facility, CASA advised that they proposed to reject the new base. The new base was a significant investment running into many hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Can you specifically address why the initial base with lesser facilities was approved, whereas CASA proposed to reject the new and significantly improved facility. This seemed a very unusual approach, and despite repeated requests, CASA failed to respond.

For clarity, can you advise why the initial base was accepted by CASA whereas the significantly improved facility was rejected.

Thankyou in anticipation of your response, as it will assist in clearing up my confusion.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley

Last edited by glenb; 9th Aug 2022 at 04:31.