PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kobe Bryant killed in S76 crash
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2020, 12:39
Bell_ringer

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
Bell Ringer....right here at this thread a couple of folks were posting the Pilot's name.

One small problem was they were posting the WRONG name.

The Media is having a wonderful time posting all sorts of bogus bull**** about this sad event and we are seeing much of the same by some of the posts here.

As Crab correctly notes.....this is the one place in the World that this particular Pilot should get an even break.

These tragic events can happen to any of us despite our best efforts and training....and that is what should be of concern to us.

Every one of these tragedies must be a learning opportunity so that more of us do not fall prey to whatever got this Pilot.

I have no problem with this....or any accident being discussed but fully expect that discussion to be professional and intended to produce a Lessons Learned Summary.

That is what the formal accident investigation shall attempt to do.....perhaps we might try to copy their standards as best we can here at Rotor Heads.

I know for a fact that posting incorrect information or tolerating pure assed speculation is not the way to go.

Completely agree.
The sheer amount of gumpf being spread by the media doesn't help anyone in aviation.
I see the mail is busy doing a great job telling their punters that helicopter travel is unsafe.