PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Typhoon-bashing ammunition for Rafale fans....
Old 28th Jan 2020, 12:35
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
Muttley

What you and a few others haven’t grasped is that I, and several others, are not sticking up for Typhoon because we’re British and the Typhoon is (part) British.

We are giving a subjective opinion based on our professional knowledge of fighter jets.

Others are basing their opinions on second hand opinions from an acquaintance.

What if I were to tell you that I think the F15 is better than the Tornado? What would be my motivation then? Would you trust my word or say I am being biased?

Think of a subject you know about and then imagine someone who clearly lacks knowledge and experience claims you don’t know what you’re talking about?

If an esteemed pilot who has more knowledge than myself (there are an awful lot of them out there) were to tell me I’m wrong then I would definitely sit up and take notice.

For the record, I think Rafale is a fantastic aircraft. But, in my professional, unbiased, opinion Typhoon is better.

As with many subjects on this forum I am increasingly regretting getting involved in the discussion.

Time to give it a rest I think.

BV