PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kobe Bryant killed in S76 crash
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2020, 16:02
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GrayHorizonsHeli
just a question regarding the flashy black helicopter, and I am sorry I didn't browse through 6 pages to see if anyone else made note.

what paint scheme was this in? we have all seen the black one adorned with nike etc, and the blue and white we all assumed was the original scheme. it definatly looked like a dated corporate scheme.

I see blue and white in the crash scene video. Was the black a temporary wrap for a promotion??
Originally Posted by barti01
GrayHorizonsHeli, seems it used to go black when Bryant owned it, then he allegedly sold it to an operator and I assume they re-painted it into white/blue
Here is a recent photo of the helo from social media. An LA Times article says that Bryant sold the helicopter to Island Express after his retirement and rented it from IEX on frequent occasions. However, it appears that the helicopter was registered to Island Express after the sale at auction in 2015. Maybe it was one of those leaseback deals or something.

It appears that the S-76 was in the same livery when it was sold at auction in 2015 by the state of Illinois as N761LL.

From the crash site:

It does look like the helo was in the black Nike paint scheme for a while.

Last edited by Airbubba; 27th Jan 2020 at 16:48.