PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 26th Jan 2020, 19:06
CT2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attended Ryanair Cadet assessment last week in Dublin, and while I had a UPRT certificate - the others were just told to make sure to have it complete prior to TR.

An enjoyable day had up there actually, a really nice group of guys being assessed (we all passed), and the assessors were really friendly do the best they can to keep you calm. Started out with a brief on the simulator and some pointers for during the sim. We were given the day's plates EGGP WAL2T SID and NDB/ILS R27 and had time to brief these with our sim partners. For my flight as PF it was:
- WAL2T SID climbing 5000'
- General handling raw data with climbing/descending, turns and speed changes to get a feel for the pitches (most important thing to remember is nail the pitches)
- Steep turns (45 degrees, 1 either way).
- Cleared direct LPL NDB then QDM intercept.
- Call from cabin that there is an uncontrolled cabin fire, and after MAYDAY, advised by tower that radar was u/s so it would be self positioning for full procedure
- PIOSEE, and setup for approach while inbound LPL.
- Straight into the base turn for ILS27.

With my sim partner as PF it was mostly the same apart from a turn onto a given heading instead of the SID, and an issue that meant tower called us back to land at Liverpool, again full proc 27.

Then with the interviews, again really chilled out, the assessors had a nice chat with you and keep you at ease. HR questions were the standard
- Hardest part of training?
- Where did you train? Why did you choose there?
- Why Ryanair?
- How soon would you be willing to start?
- Why do you want to become a pilot?

The technical questions started with pointing at a picture of the 737 (showing the starboard side):
- Why is the tail not anti iced?
- Tell me about the hydraulics?
- Where is the alpha vane in this photo?
- What is the green indicator aft of the forward door?
- Tell me about the APU?

A couple of days later, I'm really happy to say that I received the positive email and I'm now waiting for my start date. Really looking forward to it!

Best of luck to anyone involved in the process!