PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Typhoon-bashing ammunition for Rafale fans....
Old 26th Jan 2020, 17:03
Mr. Vice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Fly Airpt,

Nobody is being uncivil or derogatory. The original post gave us the opinion of a Rafale pilot on the Typhoon. You cannot expect a debate to begin and for every poster to agree with you.

I have no doubt that the Rafale is a capable aircraft and very lethal in competent hands, as is the Typhoon. However the way in which the opinion of the Rafale pilot in the original post is portrayed is arrogant and cocky.

Fighter pilots tread a fine line between self-confidence, absolute faith in their own ability and being arrogant and cocky. One place you absolutely cannot be on the wrong side of that line is in the company of other fighter pilots.

Don't expect to publicly smear another Fighter fleet and not have them step up to defend it. The way the pilot speaks in the original article leaves me in no doubt that he enjoys talking the talk but wondering if he can walk the walk.

I am not offended by any of your posts, but if you are looking for a debate of this kind then you need to be prepared for some heat.

Mr Vice