PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic information
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2020, 10:00
q400_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bruno22
Hello everyone!
Does anyone have some information about salaries for junior FO ? How many flight hours do they usually fly a month ? How many years on average does it take for a junior FO to become a captain in the company ?

Thank you very much for answering.
Pay wise really depends on the fleet and what sort of contract you have. If you refer yourself as a junior, I assume you have no previous commercial experience, therefore likely you will go to the Q400. On a q400 expect around 60 hours a month, you are paid from day one, but the full salary kicks in after 300h after line check (should happen some 8-9 months after you join). I don't know what it is before, they have increased the numbers since I joined, you should get in the area of around 1000 after tax a month. After 300h - it depends whether you paid for the TR yourself or did they give you a loan. If you paid for it yourself, you should get around 3000 eur a month after tax. If they gave you a loan, you should get around 2200 after tax. If you fly night flights, red dates etc, it goes up quite noticeably. Also every block hour after 60h is paid extra 33eur. Every year you move up by a level and your salary goes up

For A220 it is different as those guys are considered experienced FOs and they get a full salary from day one, they don't pay for their TR and they often fly more than 60 hours, on a busy summer month with a lot of night flying they can easily bring home around 5k a month or even more on the level 1 salary.

As for becoming a captain, minimum upgrade requirement is 2400h if you've been in the company on a q400 since day 1, for everybody else it is 3000h. You are looking at around 4-5 years minimum. A lot of it depends on you however, they don't just hand out the 4th bar on your stripes whenever time is up, they are making you work for it, you have to go through selection, interview process, pass quite a few tests, and quite frankly, chief pilot office have to like you.