PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Totals 2019
Thread: Totals 2019
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2020, 06:02
futz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyer4life
Ah of course, my bad. I was thinking CA was California!

It still seems higher than I expected for $352/hr and no premium pay. But I’m not sure exactly what premium pay is, maybe it doesn’t mean getting double time for certain trips which would boost the salary.

What an incredible package, on all accounts it’s MULTIPLES of that of a UK captain. What a pity British born people can’t apply for the green card lottery!

I feel unfortunately Europe will never be like this. We have companies that can operate and recruit across the vastly different economies of the EU, yet the unions are all divided and country specific.

Sorry about the confusion. I didn’t realize there was a senior FO position (SFO) and I can see how you’d think I was talking about San Fran, Calif (CA).

As far as the pay, I am pretty senior but that salary is based on $352/hour.

SFO-SIN pays 32 hrs plus 5 hrs of FAR117 extension pay. I do 2 of those and 1 other 3 or 4 day trip that pays around 25 for a total of 99 hours per month.

In the 6 vacation months, I only have to fly the 2 SIN trips.

They match 16% of our salary and put it in the retirement account (not taxed). Profit sharing is just under 8% this year and IS taxed.

You can make more money by dropping your awarded trips and picking up premium pay trips if they become available. They pay either 150, 175 or 200% depending on how desperate they are.

I’m doing my taxes now and in 2019 I made taxable income of 495k and will pay 121k federal tax. No state income tax in Nevada.