PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Fraser
Thread: Air Fraser
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2020, 01:56
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
The operator doesn’t need to throw the pilot under the bus when the video does it on it’s own.
so why does the owner make such comments then?

I would be pretty confident in saying that the pilot did not intend that as the outcome for their days flying. So why did that happen?

poor training? Poor oversight of standards? Boss man said standards weren’t adhered to by the pilot; but whose job is it to oversee that those standards are maintained hmm?
was the area that was picked for landing really suitable or could it have been better?
I don’t know the Airvan so I don’t know what was happening with the flaps. A guess (yes speculation) is that the pilot MAY have been trying to lose some lift during a float to help get the plane on the ground. If so, why do that? Who taught them that? Why not go around instead? Is there a culture issue at play?

Theres probably more to it than just “100% pilot error” and that they will be “disciplined”.
How about a different statement along the lines of “the investigation is ongoing and if required the pilot will undergo some additional training” rather than the publicised vindictive blame.

p.s where is the rest of the registration under the wing? Isn’t that a CASR requirement?

Last edited by Car RAMROD; 26th Jan 2020 at 02:15.