PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35s to Red Flag
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2020, 12:07
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
SAS

That whole thing was a bit cryptic for me I’m afraid.

As I said, BEagle asked the question of where all the current aviators were and I gave an answer. I also said he may not like the answer I gave.

I also made pains to point out that I have total respect for the aviators of the past but that sometimes reminiscence doesn’t help with answering a question. There is a time and a place. Admittedly, I don’t think any of us should have expected an actual answer to the question posed in this thread.

My later points were meant to illustrate the modern issues of OPSEC and commercial sensitivities. Does anybody ever wonder why we don’t have current Typhoon and F35 pilots running their mouths off on here? I’m a REMF, hence I can post a little more freely.

I have locked horns with Beags in the past and my point has always been that nobody is above criticism. That includes me and I accept that willingly.

I think you were questioning my credentials. I’ve probably banged on enough about it in the past. I have 20 years flying jets (Jag and Hawk) and am still doing it on a daily basis.

I am well aware of your experience and admire it greatly, but it doesn’t mean we have to agree about everything.

BV