PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD600
Thread: MD600
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2003, 21:03
Hover Bovver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynamic Component,

If she was saying POWER POWER you are a naughty boy ! This warning should only be given at the 660 TRQ Transient torque limit. ----- However in my experience every MD 600 says power at a different level - the OLD factory demonstrator used to say power at about 540 TRQ( max trq is 600 for 5 mins TO and 530 TRQ continuos), and on the aircraft I regularly fly Ive never heard it !! So maybe your not so bad !! ( The definition of this is , if after she said power the little red lights showed an exceedance on the TRQ gauge LOL)

I have to agree with MD600driver though, if it was saying power with 4 adults and full fuel , either the POwer limit is set incorrectly or they are all VERY large.( or summats up!)

Generally I have found that with Pilot plus 4 PAX you are within MTOW (UNless they are all 110Kg) If you want to fly Pilot + 5 Pax you will need to ditch about 70 Kgs of fuel.

C of G is mainly an issue if 2 people are up front with about 455 Lbs of fuel onboard, you can actually take off within the C of G range with full fuel 788 Lbs and then go out of it as you approach about 400lbs , its to do with fuel usage from the 4 tanks , the fuel c of g curve is like a big S !!! This is cured if you carry about 25 Kg at the aft baggage station, perfect job for the APU.Also if you are flying Pilot plus 3 Pax ( 2 in the Middle row and 1 up front) you need to slide the mid seats to their very aft position (which makes sense as they then get the most leg room ) to kepp it within the C of G position, if there is anyone in the back row C of G is not a problem and the mid seats can go forward to give more legroom.

All in all a very capable and powerful machine, anyone who says it doesnt fly well , either hasnt really flown one or hasnt taken the time to get used to a NOTAR, they are not bad , just different.

I would qualify this by saying they are not ideal for slinging work or slow speed sub 30 knot work ie Police or border patrol OPS!!!!!. But as a VERY smooth aircraft for getting places quickly with a good load capacity.

I have flown an aircraft with and without YSAS and to be honest I prefer it without, as its such a pilots machine and the YSAS takes a bit of that away, but I guess its great for people with sleeping feet!

Regards

Hover Bovver