PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC, Erosion of condition, and the FAAA
Old 14th Nov 2003, 20:50
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear hear, Mr Seatback!

Might I also add that the FAAA (to my understanding) has only had one liason with the big Q re. the LCC and that was to say that it will occur. How can the FAAA begin to fight for something when it doesn't know what it is fighting for?! Qantas need to figure out exactly what it wants to do (by the sound of it there is an announcement next week) before the FAAA can act effectively. Why would the union go in guns blazing when it doesn't even know what the deal is. I for one would prefer the FAAA to what until it knows what Geoff etc. want to do. Only then should the formulate a plan and start the good fight.

GalleyHag -
You should use some of your energies to the greater good. Get involved with the FAAA and make a difference. You will. Standing around and getting caught up in hearsay and worry does nothing for anyone. (Not saying it just you or you at all - just a general comment!) If you are that concerned - and you obviously are - have your concerns heard through YOUR union.

I am not sure weather you progressed from the regionals through Progression or due to the Southern closure. Either way you have the FAAA to thank for that. (Please excuse me if I am incorrect in your past employment - just guessing from what I've picked up from your past posts )

Also I am sure the union isn't planning on mass redundancies. Without members it wouldn't survive. I can assure you that the Union's efforts are solely focussed on the secured future of it's members and the conditions of flight attendants Australia wide. Why on Earth would their concerns lie anywhere else? Eroding conditions and dwindling membership would only damage the FAAA.

I make the above comments to everyone. If you don't like what is happening to YOUR job then do something about it! One thing is for sure. The FAAA is going to do a much better job with the whole-hearted support of every QF Group flight attendant.

Don Esson -
Have you looked at the Australian Airlines Cabin Crew EBA? Pretty decent in the grand scheme of things. Considering the reduced onboard product (single class) and MUCH easier flying than traditional Long Haul. Given their duty hour limits can it even be classed as 'Long' haul? Not to mention you have those with one year seniority picking up four day Nagoyas and the associated allowances $$$. How senior was a Japan trip before the flying went to AO? 20 years? It's now 30! I have heard most cabin crew at LH with two year's seniority don't even have a flying line. That's not good for the bank balance.

Last edited by ditzyboy; 14th Nov 2003 at 21:07.