PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC, Erosion of condition, and the FAAA
Old 14th Nov 2003, 20:44
peanut pusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seatback once again incorrect

Surplus was 107 crew in s/h only
*50 to l/h last week & 50 to l/h in Jan 2004, arranged between the unions settled this.
If the redundancy program would not have been extended to l/h there would of been redundancy in s/h. Quote Janine Green
Last week to s/h to l/h conversion class in SYD.
*L/H have been flying 9% of s/h patterns since Dec 2001, current agreement is 1% of each division flying in each division.
*L/H union tested the water with the stop work meeting, sure casuals and trained office crew staffed flights.
*How was Mr Dixon going to replace 4000 crew with about 350, don't concern yourself with the logistics but once all aircraft left staffed by casuals and foriegn crew, there was no one left to fly the next day.
*The union was counting the beans when you thought they were waging war.
*Many casuals would not do that flying again because of the grief they copped and the trickery that decieved them in the first place. *They have now done themselves out of fulltime work for a extended period if not forever by devaluing the people who would of got it for them, would I stick my neck out for a MAM who worked during an industrial disbute ? no way !!!

Tip = Deal only in facts

Galley hag I couldn't agree with you more