PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From zero to CPL and FI: Cost in UK (Merged)
Old 24th Jan 2020, 13:25
jnc90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi bud! Thanks for the reply, very helpful and informative! I think those figures are about what I was expecting realistically. I've been looking at it and thinking of it for a couple of years now since I left my job to spend a couple of years travelling. It was something I thought of before doing so as a way of a career change and to get out of the office basically, then happened to meet a number of pilots (rotary, airline, fixed wing) while travelling who worked in a variety of industries. The rotary appealed to me far more than working for an airline as I love the idea of possibilities opening up to work abroad, particularly in roles such as bush pilots in Africa.

When you say fixed wing, do you mean airlines or would you even recommend smaller fixed wing?

What I didn't mention in my first post is that I'm currently in the recruitment process for the Royal Navy. I applied back in November last year after finding out they raised they're age limit to 32 (I was just over before they did so). So far have passed the eye test, medical and fitness. Waiting for the FAT's and Admiralty Interview Board dates now. If I was to be successful in that and of course spend the next 10 years or more in the RN would my training and experiences with them put me in a strong position if looking to leave and work in the private sector?