PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2020, 11:25
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutan16
Wheres the negativity just my considered opinion.

Listed quite a few positives and caveats at the end with a my desire to be proved wrong on final end of year figures
I don't think you or anyone should be criticised for introducing a degree of realism into how they view the situation.

TCX operated over 40 weekly long haul departures to the USA, Mexico and the Caribbean with up to 7 based aircraft. It's disappointing that SFO and SEA will not appear on MAN's boards this summer. While VS and TUI have announced a few added flights for this summer, they only make a very modest inroad into the TCX seats lost. It's fair to say that some of us are slightly underwhelmed by Virgin's reaction to the TCX situation while understanding that aircraft availability and requirements at LHR and LGW were relevant factors.

Going East, the new services by Biman and Juneyao are of course welcome and I'm still hoping we'll see Thai in my lifetime even as a mature pensioner!

The recovery and backfill on short haul is good news for which MAN have done well, but again the risk of consolidation is a perfectly valid point to make when for example Jet 2 have 4 daily departures to Palma I believe in peak summer, apart from flights by other carriers.

If 2020 turns out to be flat in terms of passenger numbers, it won't in my view be a bad achievement. If it finishes in positive territory, I will be well pleased.