PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pan Pan Pan Netjets Interview In 3 Days.
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2003, 19:52
M.85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
netjets

Hi All,

Interview was last Wednesday..I must say I was very impressed with Netjets introduction,they seem to really care about their crews and it made me realise that Corporate is the way to go..
Why would one want to fly for a charter which makes you pay for your seat and dumps you after 6 months..and you find yourself without a job for the winter..I dont think its the future for us..
NetJets Director of Operations is from Oklahoma and made me remember how down to earth and professional are these Americans..(he said some about clients not giving RATs ASS about the food but very demanding on the pilots..)long time since I heard this phrase..wouldnt come out of a BA DO i believe.
They are proud of giving excellent training,(much more than the airline,including aerobatics lessons for all their crews in Texas!),the pay wont make you a millionnaire how they said but the possibility to live wherever you want (one hour within a major airport)and move easily within Europe.Some pilots live up north in the summer and migrate to the Southern coutries during witer time..
The interview was the American way,no technical questions just some common sense,not that easy when 5 people are watching your every move...but feasible I guess.
2 pilots and the Do plus HR lady and Cabin Crew Rep.
The 2 pilots were very friendly as they approach you outside the interview office,people youd fly with anytime.
They have interviewed 60 people,and the ones selected will be invited to a sim session in Amsterdam or Gatwick next week.
They are planning to hire 70 more in the next 6 months.
The other selected guys with me were 2 cabin crews(very cute and friendly),one swedish(ex SAS),2 frenchs(both ex airforce pilots,one ex Navy pilot and Swiss Crew),4 or 5 Uk with various experience,heard of Hercules..)...wonder why they picked me apart from having flown in the US as a freight dog...
Age were varying between 28(me) ,36 and i guess around 45 years old.

I must say that the corporate world is very appealing for someone looking to explore their 140 destinations countries ,flexible and who likes the direct contact with people(FBO agents and clients) rather than being in a 737 seat and never get to meet the passengers..

Its a choice.It is mine if i get through for sure.

An American owned airline operating in the Europe,what more can one ask...

Thank you all for your answers/questions and PPRUNE for this excellent website:I will try to answer the Pmessages now.

Safe Flying,

M.85