PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 job at Global Aviation Solutions?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2003, 19:43
Stratocaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all, I want to become a nurse and I've just finished my initial "first-aid training". Now I'm planning to pay 35000 euros for this brand new training course on the insertion of a temporary transvenous ventricular pacemakers, and then I'm ready to pay 200 euros for any open heart surgery. A have a list of hospitals who are ready to "lease" me a few patients (because they think the cardiologists already available on the market are too expensive), so if I pass the course I think I should be okay. And maybe that in 10 years all my debts will be cleared and I'll just have only 30 years to pay back the house, the cars, my 4 divorces, etc. Wish me luck !

Yeah, go ahead kid...

And now, for something completely different: Darwinian laws of evolution ! I see a lot of people justifying the fact that desperate and/or inexperienced pilots are buying type ratings and paying to take another pilot's job by the simple law of "supply and demand". Ok, we live in urban jungles, that's a point of view.

Now what about "survival of the fittest" ? There's a RH seat to fill in a B737, and a lot of applicants. On my left, an airline pilot with 3000 hours on the 737 who lost his job in one of the recent airline bankrupties. On my right, a young and promising pilot, fresh from FTO, ready to do anything to get the job although he's already in a quite serious financial situation. Who should get the job ? First the airline pilot, that's common sense. Who will get the job ? The young pilot, because the bean counters love that kind of attitude: "Competent people doing a tough job for nothing, even ready to pay for it ? Wow, give me two !". It also pays the rent of guys like CH4, that's even better, the young pilot now also supports the housing industry.

I guess CH4 is used to critics and antipathy. It seems he manages to sleep quite well (just for that I think he deserves our most sincere congratulations), but I'm not sure his promising, self-promoting and entreprising customers are prepared to the hostility that they will probably face from their collegues. It would be quite unfortunate, degrading further the "atmosphere" between us, etc. but in the end who cares ? We're living in urban jungles, rignt ?