PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Eng Fail and Eng Dual Failure with or wo Fuel
Old 22nd Jan 2020, 08:49
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
I tried to answer OP with the logic of the procedure and how to locate it without getting lost. That is more important.
Vilas, I understand and applaud your intention, as always you are willing to help in here and man people value your advice. But as the OP was asking what the go was with a Flap 3 landing vs Flap 2 landing, I inferred that s/he has an aircraft that does not have the FWC upgrade and thus calls for Flap 3 for the ENG DUAL Failure. A claim was made that F3 was not possible (or was from the Forced Landing procedure) and I wanted to correct the record that some MSNs still call for Flap Lever Position 3 for the Dual Engine Failure to the ground. In short s/he should follow the QRH...

For academic interest, I just found the Airbus FCOM changes summary:
"With the FWC standard H2F8, the ENG DUAL FAILURE procedure is renamed and updated. The philosophy of the enhanced ALL ENGINES FAILURE procedure is similar to the A350 procedure, but adapted to the Single Aisle technical particularities. This enhancement clarifies and simplifies the procedure, regardless of the altitude. In particular, it promotes the use of windmilling to relight the engines, compared to the starter-assisted relight that uses the APU bleed.
The “DITCHING” and “FORCED LANDING” paper procedures are revised to introduce the reference to the new abnormal “ALL ENGINES FAILURE” procedure. Actions associated to the Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) operation during the approach are also updated."

Add it to the list of A320 Family changes bought about by the introduction of the A350, and the pursuit of minimal changes for CCQs.

It's a good discussion and shows up intra fleet variations.

Last edited by compressor stall; 22nd Jan 2020 at 09:22.