PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe FO Pay
Thread: Flybe FO Pay
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2020, 17:15
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even during my time at a big school, there were horror stories of tagged easyJet MPL cadets getting to the end of their training and being let go. This was always because of sub-standard performances though, and nothing to do with easyJet not needing people. The MPL schemes will go on forever. It’s good business. The schools make money and get to advertise their airline connections, the airlines get a flow of motivated cadets who pay for type ratings, and the cadets get their jobs. Everyone’s a winner.

As for flyBe, I don’t quite know what to make of them. Too many wobbles in such a short space of time leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. Under no circumstances would I sign up for an MPL with them. As it stands, that seems like a risk of unprecedented proportions. Like said, £100k down the road flyBe could go bust and the school won’t care. Yes, they’ll let you finish your training, but afterwards you’ll be in the job queue. Behind god knows how many hundred ex-flyBe pilots. Take it steady and go modular.

Uncertainty breeds more uncertainty, so flyBe must be in a bit of state as it stands. Bookings must be down, and staff must be leaving in droves. If you were a newly-qualified pilot it would be worth applying to, as there must be a few vacancies.