PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NYT: How Boeing’s Responsibility in a Deadly Crash ‘Got Buried’
Old 20th Jan 2020, 23:12
retired guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Pern
Could not agree more, I've had too much wine so apologies, but....someone should be monitoring what IThe aircraft is doing, if you don't like what you see do somthing about it. Jesus .....people this is basic airmanship, I am driven insane by the lack of it I see every day both on the Sim and on the line. The 737 is a doodle to fly, it's not complicated, so why make it. Stop playing with the f@@@ing FMC fly the bloody thing. 3 times table is not that hard is it? Today's sky gods are so full of themselves with all the latest shimmy kit, they don't have an inkling of airmanship.
right rant over.
Dear Brian
you May have guzzled too much plonk ,but you speak the honest truth. In vino veritas.
i have been reading this thread with a growing sense of alarm. I have observed that exercise in the sim over and over with cadets barely more than children and they handle it flawlessly. You have to ignore six warnings to stall, and then screw up the stall recovery to crash. It’s so very basic airmanship and basic training that when I first saw the replay of the Turkish crash I thought somebody was leaving something out. It can’t have been that they sat there and ignored all the pre stall warnings and then the stall warnings. But it seems they did.
i think that what is becoming increasingly obvious is that there are plenty of folk out there who think that when things go wrong the pilots can’t really be expected to cope.
Its late and I need some wine. Zzz well
R Guy