PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pig dropped from helicopter into millionaires swimming pool!!
Old 19th Jan 2020, 21:25
cavuman1

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink OINKAMATIC!

As a resident of Cincinnati (pronounced "Zinzinnati" by the Germanic-derived locals who comprise a majority of our city's population), I am delighted to see a number of references to this fair town here! We are a couple of hundred miles down the Ohio River from its origin, the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and within 500 miles of more than one-half of the U.S. population. DHL and Amazon have their largest hubs here; a century ago the "Queen City" was known as "Porkopolis", for hundreds of thousands of pigs were brought from near and far by riverboat to be slaughtered and processed. Their pathetic oinking for leniency and mercy went unanswered!

I have been on this good Earth for eight decades now and I have lived in the Southeastern United States for many of those years. I have consumed that Nectar of the Gods, Barbeque, in my hometown of Atlanta, my adoptive home of Roanoke Island, North-by-Gawd-Cackylacky, and several other locales of deserved fame and merit. I can tell you without reservation that Cincinnati has the best barbeque of all. Take ribs: the meat falls off the bone: perfectly seasoned, sauced, and smoked, it leaps into one's mouth where, upon each chew, contained thermonuclear explosions of delicate flavor paint pictures of winged-pig Heav'n upon one's greedy tongue. Pulled pork? First, harp music. Next, elevate the delicacy to one's mouth. Bite down and explode with the ecstasy of porcine perfection! It is one's gastric heartstrings which are pulled, not the pork!

But I digress. My Bride and I dwell seven miles South of General Electric/SNECMA's huge jet engine manufacturing facility, the largest of its type on the planet. (My first cousin was once the chief of Quality Control there.) We presume that Evendale, as it is called, is among the primary target priorities of our current thermonuclear-armed adversaries. Come a war and an multi-megaton airburst, WE'LL be the barbecue, pigs and all....

- Ed

p.s. Bacon is GOD. Also Clapton!