PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2020, 18:17
cornishsimon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint
Do you ever change the record? Always railroading this thread into discussing a little airport that is a speck in the grand scheme of BE's operations. It is very simple, if a route has to be subsidised, it is clearly not a money maker. Arguably these are the sort of routes that have contributed to bringing BE to its knees. In the glory days BE focused on growing their proper bases at BHX, MAN, SOU, EXT etc. Then a shift in strategy to start operating at bases at the likes of NQY, DSA, CWL etc where they were clearly enticed financially into contracts to operate that surprise surprise become burdens on BE's profitability. Also with the increased environmental scrutiny arguably a NQY - LON flight should be the first to be replaced by trains. I cannot imagine many people would justify a NWI - LON route! It therefore baffles me that a time of great financial uncertainty you are railroading the BE thread into talking about a route that is not only insignificant but likely a contributing factor to BE's problems. Maybe take a break and get out some more

hmmmm how polite

get out more ?

i was simply quoting the IAG dude. I won’t be posting a link but I think if your able to use google you will be able to find articles to back up my contribution to this thread quite easily my ansum

have a lovely weekend
cs